What would it be / look like if we were successful with those we are serving with and for?
People fully alive – passionately embracing and sharing their blessings
They devoted themselves to the teaching of the apostles and to the communal life, to the breaking of the bread and to the prayers. Awe came upon everyone, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. All who believed were together and had all things in common; they would sell their property and possessions and divide them among all according to each one's need. Every day they devoted themselves to meeting together in the temple area and to breaking bread in their homes. They ate their meals with exultation and sincerity of heart, praising God and enjoying favor with all the people. And every day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved.
· People would volunteer their time, talent, and money
· Our community would think less of ourselves and more about others
· People would have experiences of service to reflect on
· Individuals would think less of themselves and more about others
· More people would be aware of ways they are blessed and how they can share that blessing with others
· People would be less attached to physical possessions
· People would be alive and passionate in their work because they would be working out of their God given gifts/blessings
· Less people would be living in poverty
· People would be donating more to others and spending less of their income on themselves.
Why do they need us?
Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and they asked Peter and the other apostles, "What are we to do, my brothers?"
· Offer extended, Mission Trip Experiences
· We organize opportunities to serve in a variety of venues, always including formation
· Create some excitement about serving
· Recognize those who are serving (Silver Cord Program)
· We offer education on finding your gifts & ways to share them