· Paid Position
· Support Raising Required
· Employment Dates: September 1 – August 31
As the High School Mission Trip Intern you will have the opportunity to work closely with the 6:8 Executive Directors to lead a High School Mission Trip of 50 students and 8 adults to Canton, Mississippi to build a house for a family in need in June. You are responsible for leading in such a way that transforms communities with and for Jesus Christ by making service personal and helping individuals discover and share their gifts. In addition to the on-site trip leadership, you will be responsible for trip preparations and follow-up. You will have the opportunity to build and develop relationships with community members in Sauk Prairie and in Mississippi. The High School Mission Trip Intern’s ultimate responsibility is to ensure the trip runs smoothly (before, during, and after) and that the high schoolers and their families have the best experience possible. The Mission Trip Intern should live in a simple manner, by their works and words that exemplify 6:8’s four pillars of service: experience, education, exhortation, and embodiment.
· Oversee the high schoolers’ application and interview process (registration opens Sept 15)
· Create handouts and other materials for interview, fundraising, meetings, etc.
· Manage 4 pre-trip student meetings
· Communicate with parents and trip participants
· Facilitate 4 teams (Brat Stand, Benefit/Alumni Reception, Admin, and Fundraising) to assist with planning and work
· Lead the fundraising efforts for the trip - GOAL: Raise $40,000 to pay for the house we will build!!!
· Maintain records of student payments, donors, fundraising discounts, forms, etc.
· Coordinate with MadCAAP in MS for details of building, housing, food, & schedule; and bus company to contract charter bus
· Train Small Group Leaders
· Meet 6-8 times with High School Leadership Team to plan theme, design T-shirts, form them as leaders etc.
· Maintain budget with integrity and submit monthly expense reports
· Maintain good relationships with community members
During the Trip:
· Participate alongside students during week-long Mission Trip (June)
· Enforce rules and lead by example
· Coordinate with MadCAAP, bus driver, high school staff, etc. for daily schedule and decisions
· Facilitate the day – gather everyone for prayers, ensure everyone is present, give announcements, etc.
· Lead Small Group Leader Mtgs each evening
After the Trip:
· Follow-up with each student as appropriate
· Evaluate and make notes for the next year
· Plan at least 2 reunion events during summer
· Spear-head the Benefit Reception/Alumni Events – final weekend of July
· Other responsibilities as they arise relating to planning, leading, and following up from the Mission Trip
· Previous Mission Trip Experience
· Previous Leadership Experience
· Previous 6:8 Experience preferred but not required
· Intern must be at least 21 years old
Benefits and Details
· Salary: $750/month
· Required Support Raised = $4,500 to cover Program Expenses