· Paid Position
· Support Raising Required
· Employment Dates: September 1 – August 31
As the Fire on the River Intern you will have the opportunity to work closely with the 6:8 Executive Directors to lead the Fire on the River 4th of July Celebration in Sauk Prairie. You are responsible for leading in such a way that transforms communities with and for Jesus Christ by making service personal and helping individuals discover and share their gifts. In addition to the on-site leadership of the Event, you will be responsible for event preparations and follow-up. You will have the opportunity to build and develop relationships with community members in Sauk Prairie and beyond. The Fire on the River Intern’s ultimate responsibility is to ensure the Event runs smoothly (before, during, and after) and that the volunteers, participants, and their families have the best experience possible. There is room for Fire on the River to grow to an even larger event to expand this position. The Fire on the River Intern should live in a simple manner, by their works and words that exemplify 6:8’s four pillars of service: experience, education, exhortation, and embodiment.
· Plan schedule and layout of event along Sauk Riverway
· Create handouts and other materials for Event, fundraising, promotion, etc.
· Communicate with current businesses, donors, and organizations for involvement
· Recruit new businesses, churches, individuals, and organizations to participate in the Program/Event
· Lead the fundraising efforts for the Event - GOAL: Pay for the fireworks and raise $10,000 for 6:8 through fundraising to include beer & wine tasting; in addition to raising money for the Mission Trip through the Food Booth, Sauk Prairie Against Hunger through a Flavors Food Tasting and Silent Auction, Feed My Sheep through games, and the Restoration Project through sales of reclaimed items
· Maintain records of payments, donors, fundraising amounts, forms, schedule, etc.
· Maintain Merchandise inventory and records
· Coordinate with villages, police dept.,, Curt Diehl Fireworks, and others within the SP Community for all permits, etc
· Coordinate with other 6:8 areas: Mission Trip, Feed My Sheep, Sauk Prairie Against Hunger, Restoration Project, etc
· Coordinate electrical, tents, garbage cans, and other logistical items
· Coordinate with SP Food Pantry to have a food item collection
· Recruit and Train Volunteers
· Maintain budget with integrity and submit monthly expense reports
· Maintain good relationships with community members
During the Event:
· Facilitate the day – gather everyone for prayers, ensure everyone is present, give announcements and directions, etc.
· Participate alongside volunteers
· Be available for media interactions
After the Event:
· Follow-up with individuals and groups as appropriate
· Ensure clean-up is thorough and all materials returned
· Evaluate and make notes for the next Event
· Other responsibilities as they arise relating to planning, leading, and following up from the Fire on the River Event
· Previous Leadership Experience
· Previous Event Planning Experience
· Previous Fundraising Experience encouraged, but not required
Benefits and Details
· Salary: $750/month
· Required Support Raised = $4,500 to cover Program Expenses